Monday 14 July 2014

London Film & Comic Con

Yesterday I went to the Film & Comic Con Event at Earls Court. It's a place where you can go and meet stars from TV shows, films and comics - the ideal place if you are a comic or marvel nerd like me. They do signings and photo shoots. The tickets to attend the event vary from £8-£15. You pay extra for the signings and photo shoots. Stars such as Stan Lee and Carrie Fisher attended however they are quite expensive. Whilst I was there I managed to get a picture with Peter Petrelli from Heroes.

The Earl's Court building is mainly filled up with stalls selling Sci-Fi and marvel related products. However my favourite part of the event was the photo shoots. There was a choice of three different backgrounds and I chose the Game of Thrones Iron Throne. Later on I also got a picture with my step dad by the tardis background. The photographs came out amazing and it only cost £5 each. Below is my iron throne picture.


Here is the tardis photograph. Totally signing up to be Doctor Who's next companion



By the entrance was a skull taken from the Game of Thrones.


I also got a picture with Milo Ventimiglia! Known as Peter Petrelli in the Sci-Fi Series Heroes. He now has a beard and was really lovely in person. The lighting in the building wasn't too flattering but we made it work.


They also had the part of the set from Sherlock Holmes so I got a couple of snaps.





To top it all off they had some of the cars from the new Transformers movie just outside the two Earl's Court buildings.







Ohhh also I almost forgot to mention one of the best parts to the whole thing are the outfits. A lot of people dress up for the event as Sci-Fi characters. Granted some outfits are better than others but it is a great laugh. If you would like to find out more about this event click on the link below:
http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com

For anyone who is curious about my dress I got it from Primark about a year ago so unfortunately it is not available but I love it for the Cath Kidston inspired print. My Juju jelly shoes are from ASOS and are still available.



Follow on Bloglovin

As Seen On Sophie

X
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Wow, this both sounds and look incredible! Thanks for following me on Bloglovin' by the way, I've returned the favour :) Also, I've got so much love for your blog name!!

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you for your lovely comment :) Haha yeah I got inspired by the name ASOS :P

      Delete
  2. Aww thank you, just starting it. I have followed you :)

    X

    ReplyDelete

© As Seen On Sophie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig